Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: make inputs [kg] and [m] to a product

Creator
Creator

here is the goal: there are only 6 different mixtures. on the other side, we have 7 different types of strings.

there are around 60 different products.

so the maximum of different string lenghts are also around 60. I have attached a product table.

I am on the help library right now! Smiley Wink

if I have to create 60 different sources to provide all string variants I will do so. I can also put in all the information of the products (what product needs how much of which mixture and how long of which string) into an assembly table if thats the way.

I created the MUs but still cant choose the assembly table.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Apparently the "depends on MU" option isn't available in 13.0, it was added sometime later Cat Embarassed.

However, here is a model showing how this could be done for larger amount of combinations. It does, however, require you to create a few different types of string items and make some schanges to the production tables.

Creator
Creator

Thank you!

I am trying to adapt from your provided model now.

Can you give some explanations of what you've done? What are the "Long" and "Short" MixA/B from the bottom source?

I'm also not sure on how to input:

- "Type338: 0,159kg of MixA, 0,789 of MixC, 159m of StringA"

- then: produce 5000 pieces of Type338

I've added the rest of the needed mixtures.

Siemens Phenom

'Long' and 'short' are just two different types of string (one long, one short)

The fourth column in the table file is actually another table. To create it , just enter a name in the field, the double click the name to open it. In the new table you can add different attributes that will be applied to the MUs on the different rows. In the picture below you can se the new tables for row 1 and 2 in the tableFile. Notice that i create an attribute called 'Mix' and give them the values 'MixA' and 'MixB'. This attribute is then added to all MUs created from the source. 

TableFiles.png

The entry method in the assembly table simply checks the value of the attribute 'Mix' on the MU when it enters, and changes what type of mix is produced my the fluid source. The commands "FluidSource.ExitLocked := FALSE/TRUE" simply closes the fluid source so that we only get 1 MU from the portioner. Also, don't forget to put in the amount of each part you want to produce in your StringTable!

Creator
Creator

I feel like I am not making progress and end up in a standing production with no error message.

- I added the needed mixtures in the MaterialsTable

- I added two products "Type338" and "Type200" in the TableFile. there, I added the amount of pieces which I want to produce and in the "Attributes" section I told PlantSimulation how much of which mixture and string this products needs

now it is not running..

- do I need different sources for strings and end-products?

Siemens Phenom

I think we're making progress, but there are a few things you need to remember/learn:

• Sources tries to produce all MU types fond in a dataTable. Remove all but the ones you just created (type220 and 338) and move them to the top.
  • The attributes in the tableFile gives errors for several different reasons. 
    • Names can never contain any spaces.
    • attributes can only hold one type of value never more (MixtureAneeded can not contain the string "MixA" and the weight 0.951
    • strings mus be written within parenthesis ("String")
  • In our model the fluids exit the source pre-mixed, i.e MixA is already made up of ingredients 1 and 2. If you want to mix them later you'll need two sources.
  • You need one Type338 for each type if mixture that can be applied. Four different possible mixes means four "different" Type338.

Creator
Creator

When I open your model, it gives me an error that you patched with version 13.0.5 while I use 13.0.2.

I thought it worked fine anyway but now I find that there arent any ingridients e.g. at "MixA" which you said would be pre-mixed. see this:

ingridients.PNG

also, I have no idea why the entryctrl now gives an error.

however, I still dont see how to input the data of how much kg of mixtureA and mixtureB and how long of which stringtype is needed to produce one piece of a type338?

1 piece type338 e.g.:

MixtureA: 0,159 kg

MixtureB: 0,931 kg

StringTypeC: 420m

Siemens Phenom
The error you get in the entry control is that it doesn't find an attribute called "Mix" in the string. This is not surprising, since your created attributes are named "Mix1", "Mix2" and "StringType". Open a MU and look at the tab 'User-defined' and you'll see all the custom attributes you've added.

You can set the different properties and ingredients (as well as weight) of the mixtures in the FluidTable. You did it before in one of your earlier models.

I think you should take a look at all the example models available in PlantSim, because I think that would be a better help at the moment. Open PlantSim -> Example Models -> Small Examples.
There you can find small models demonstrating many of the functions available for most of the objects available in PlantSim, as well as example on how to write methods to complete certain tasks.

Creator
Creator

I was able to fix the error. Thank you!

I am working through the examples and and try to apply that on our model.

Since there is an assembly sequenz, I have splittet the assembly into different assembly stations. This is how I get the different Mixtures easier on the main product, I believe.

Now, I want to put on the strings, but the assembly station is waiting on something I dont know.

Next, I am trying to adapt your mixture method on the String Source. It is just that I don't know how to address a certain object from the source, since there isnt't an "Material" field I could use, like you did on the fluid source.

Thank you for your patience!

Siemens Phenom
There are only a few things you need to fix to make the product go all the way through, so we're getting close to the end!

First, 'Spulengatter_2' should be changed to a singleProc, since it only has one entrance. Currently it's waiting for a second part to load onto the main part.

Secondly: Check that the main MU comes from the correct predecessor in the assemblyStations. Either change the values of the 'main MU from predecessor:' field in the assembly stations, or delete and reapply all connections.

On the string source, change the MU selection to 'constant'. Then you can change which type of string to produce. (Tip: create separate items for each string instead of changing and adding attributes)