Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: make inputs [kg] and [m] to a product

Creator
Creator

how is this happening, when the source only produces 1000 pieces and is set to the sequenze mode, so it stops after the amount of pieces Rohling200?

anzahlBE.png

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Unfortunately your picture doesn't show, so i can't see the problem. Can you add the picture as an attachment instead?

Creator
Creator

Here you go.

Legend
Legend

Hi @Tim1896 

You are producing 1500 product from source..Rohling338 : 1000 and Rohling200 : 500

according to your input data, its working good ..plz check it in attachments..

thanks

Siemens Phenom

Yes, as @Niks1 says, you are creating all 1500 products. It's just the name that is "off". If you step through the simulation you'll notice that the first Rohling338 is Rohling338:1, the second is Rohling338:3, then Rohling338:5 etc.

There is probably some logic behind the naming of the parts, but the specific part names are very rarely important anyway.

Edit: you get inflated numbers beacuse all of your portioners are also creating parts of type 'Rohling338'.

Rohling338:2 is created in the first portioner when Rohling338: enters the first assembly station. Cat Wink

Creator
Creator

Wait, the Portioners are supposed to take the Mixtures needed for Rohling338 Man Mad

Also, I am still looking for a solution to add a certain amount of string length [m] to the main products.

At the end, I would like to see how much kg of which mixture I used and how many meter of which kind of string. Therefore, I still need to teach PlantSim that a Rohling338 needs 144m of StringTypeA and e.g. a Rohling200 350meter of StringTypeB. 

Siemens Phenom

No no, it's alright. The Portioners transforms the incoming mixtures and "converts" them into a part and in this case the part is of type Rohling338 because that is what we've entered in the MU field in the portioner.

In general Plant Simulation requires you to already know your inputs, because Plant Simulation is a tool for production planning, and it's very hard to create a plan if you don't have the basic knowledge of the production. If you need to know how much string you'll need to create X number of blanks I'd recommend using Excel or a calculator instead Cat Wink.

But I'd recommend you to do the following: Create a custom folder in the class library so you can keep track of your custom objects.

Next, change the blanks from parts to containers. Create one container for each type of blank. Perhaps you can think of these containers as moulds of some sort. Change all the assemblyStations from deleteMU to attachMU. This will load the strings and the mixings into the mould.

Create one part for each type of mixing ingredient. The first assembly station requests the first ingredient. The Portioner will produce the requested type of "ingredient part". You can use the same method as before, just add "Portionierer_X.MU := <name of mix>". Same as for the fluids themselves.

Lastly, create one part for each type of string, and name them something like Faden420 and Faden600, so you can easily see their length. 

Then, replace the StringSource with two separate buffers, connected to Spulengatter_1 and _2 respectivly. In the same way that you request  fluids, you can request strings from these buffers using the command "<Path>.<StringType>.create(Buffer_X)". 

Lastly, connect DFV1 and 2 to a 'flowcontrol' object instead of the sink. Then create one dissassembly station for each type of blank, name then something like 'Dissasembly_338', and give the each a separate sink. The flowcontrol can send MUs to different places depending on their names, so you can send all Type338 to dissasembly_338. 

Each separate sink now has detailed statistics on how many units of a certain type entered, as well as which mixtures and strings were created for those X number of typeZ.

Wow, that was a bit longer answer than I anticipated Cat Tongue