Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manual operation simulation

Creator
Creator

I have scenario in which I have 2 stations operated by one operator.

Both stations have cycle time of 60secs.2018-03-02_10h15_28.png

But operator is required only for 20secs in each stations. Rest of the operations are automated.

Now if I develop the simulation model, operator is waiting for complete 60secs.

How do I make him to work only for 20secs??

2 REPLIES 2

Re: manual operation simulation

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

One option is to implement a set-up time of 20 seconds and a processing time of 40 seconds. Then call the Worker only for the set-up, by configuration of the Importer tab accordingly.

Gert Nomden
Digital Factory Consultant
cardsplmsolutions.com

Re: manual operation simulation

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Gert is right in case your task allows to set the workers service type to setup - which is mostly sufficient! In case it is not you'll have to model (at least) two stations (best in a frame), one representing (mostly) the load/unload service (requesting a worker for), the other one representing the automatic process (not requesting a worker for). But you might be able to load/unload while processing or not. If no process time parallel load/unload is possible, the amount of MUs allowed to enter the frame has to be limited to one. A station doesn't necessarily have to be interpreted as a physical machine, it can also be interpreted as a single process step, meaning you'll have to take care for the amount of MUs allowed to enter the machine (represented - in a frame - by several operations). As always it's a matter of the best fitting level of detail!

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!