Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nested Frame

Pioneer
Pioneer

as below shown ,the "FrameA" was inserted in other frame,when I select  "FrameA"  the "FrameA" was selected as a unitary , now  I want to realize other effect,.namely  as below picture 2,when my mouse clice the position( red arrow Pointed out),  the station(in FrameA in this position)  should be selected,  not the frameA as a  unitary is selected?  how can I realize this ? thank you very much微信图片_20180518135157.pngTIM图片20180518140318.png

6 REPLIES

Re: nested Frame

Pioneer
Pioneer
anyone know?

Phenom
Phenom

I guess, selecting objects from the subframe is not possible in this way.

Builder
Builder

I created a ticket to treat this as an issue but it was closed with the argument it is working as designed.

As user I can tell this characteristic is very annoying. There´s no sense a frame that is in the backgroung when you select it, it covers all the other objects that are over it preventing the user to select them.

Phenom
Phenom

@Ricardo_S

See it this way.

When modelling large simulation models, it makes sense to divide the model into smaller subframes.

In this way you can:

- save modelling time (e.g. by modelling mirrored production lines once )

- save debugging time through stand alone tests/debugging  with the subframes

- save time to understand the modular layout

- save time to optimize / modify by exchanging /replacing (just)  the subframes in the overall model.

One of the main principles of object orientated modelling/simulation models  is, to never touch inherited objects and their parameters in the main,overall model as you are bound to forget, what you quickly changed a minute ago.

Therefore it makes sense , just to display and not to let you touch the (probably in any way inherited) objects in the (probably locked and inherited ) sub frame.

If your "suicidal thoughts" ( in terms of modelling and simulation) remain and you still want to modify the inherited objects in the subframe, you are just 2 double clicks away from opening the sub frame-  and the selected object.

All the best!

BTW

By setting the subframe to the background of the layout,  you can select  all covered objects in the main frame.

Builder
Builder

Maybe there was a misunderstand regarding this item.

My feedback was not related the nested frames but related to the selection of overloaded frames / objects. So what I mean is wneh you have a frameB inside other frameA e and it´s icon is a layout and you put other objects (like single proc) over it... if you select the frameB and then pass the mouse over the singleproc that was positoned over it it´s not possible to select it even when the frameB is positioned in the background.

Phenom
Phenom

The topic is about nested frame and general thoughts behind nested frames.

If you set a selection frame, as shown in pic below , you can  select

the sub frame and individual objects in main frame.

What do you need this kind of selection for ?

Unbenannt.PNG