Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power profiles

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have collected power data from a machine, and have a table of energy values every second.

i have tried to import the power data using the following method set as machine enterance control:

for local i:=1 to PowerProfile.yDim loop

?.PowerInputWorking:=PowerProfile[1,i];

wait(1);--one second distance

next;

with a table PowerProfile with one column for time and the next for power values.

Obviously the power values i have collected do not always correspond to when the machine is working, i have collected values continuously when the machine is also idle.

Is there a way of importing values for power and not having to specify them to a specific machine state?

ideally i would also import external data to tell plant sim when the machine is in each state but i havent figured this bit out yet!

ive set processing time to 3 seconds so the simulation ends with an error after 3seconds as it is no longer in the working state but i am importing values for working state.

what needs to be specified in the energy tab for the machine?

Many thanks for any help or recommendations given.

3 REPLIES

Betreff: power profiles

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Victoria,

attached you will find a simulation model using a power profile.

Hope this helps

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

thank you so much for the example.

So your energy table overwrites the values specified on the energy tab of the 'Einzelstation'?

Ive noticed youve only used the 'powerinputworking' function. Does the model presume the machine is always running or does it also use the values in the energy table for when the machine is in other states?

thank you im very new to the software!

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Victoria,

in the example I only set the PowerInputWorking.

Using the exitControl, failControl or/and pauseControl you also can set the power consumption for the other states.

If the power consumption always has the same value, you can set the values in the station directly.

Hope this helps.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution