Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

robot without parts

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

Im using a pick and place robot however im wondering how to model the robot in Plant sim as it does not come into contact with any parts. The robot in my production line is used just as a measuring and laser system which feeds in data to an external system. i want to model the robot in plant sim however as im interested in its energy use and down time and overall productivity. is there any way to model the robot without connecting to a source as i dont want it to pick up any parts? thanks.

6 REPLIES

Betreff: robot without parts

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello Victoria,

attached you will find a model implementing a welding robot. The entrance control of the station activates the robot and the exit control moves the robot back again.

Hope this helps.

Regards

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Pioneer
Pioneer

thank you for your reply. unfortunately im using plant sim 13! thanks.

Siemens Phenom

Hello Victoria,

attached to this message is a model in version 13, where a setup as you described is implemented. Here the robot is just a decorational object in the main frame, while the object itself and the logic for its movement is implemented in a subframe. The subframe is set to be visible in the main frame, but all objects inside of it except of the robot are hidden. So in the main frame only the movements of the robot are visible, without it affecting anything. I hope such a solution would also work for you.

Kind regards,

Igor

Kind regards,

Igor
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you so much for this! Im guessing I would take data for further analysis from singleproc1 as the robot here is just for decoration? im interested in collecting energy data.

Many thanks.

Siemens Phenom

You could also set the values for energy consumption for the robot directly in the subframe,  I think that should also work. The robot is just decoration in the main frame, but in the subframe you can adjust its parameters.

Kind regards,

Igor

Pioneer
Pioneer
great thanks for your help