Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

same and only line of travel

Pioneer
Pioneer

Good morning,

since i'm not yet finding a solution, i want to ask again, is it possible to model in TPS a behavior in which Pallets are moved IN and OUT of a HighBayWarehouse on the same and only line of travel?
I want to model a behavior where pallets are first loaded on the RSU or on a Transporter (or maybe on another object that can carry pallets and parts that you can suggest) and moved IN a HBW; then, once the pallet was left on the Converter and then on the ConveyorIN of the HBW, the RSU (or Transporter or another object) takes another Pallet (if there is one) from the ConveyorOUT of the same HBW and moves it out of the warehouse.

[till now i found PDF docs and TPS models where there are always 2 Lines for the HBW (1 Line for moving IN pallets, and another one for moving OUT them].

I leave modell attached

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: same and only line of travel

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There are several different configurations of real world HBWs. Our library is intended to be utilized for a number of these and as an example at the same time. To develop a HBW considering all configuration based on just parameters is impossible.
In your case on option would be to:

• stay with the library objects
  • consider both places physically to remain present
  • logically model the behavior of one place, by:
    • introducing controls
    • utilizing EntranceLocked and/or ExitLocked
    • in a way only one MU to be allowed to enter either one of the two (physically remaining) places

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

thank you for the answer.

But for example, the  ''EntranceLocked and/or ExitLocked'' features, are referred to what object?

I mean, can you give me some advice on what Object i should use for that part of the model? Is it correct to use the RSU_Track or i should use another object to better shape the behavior (should i use a Line, a Track a Twolanetrack)?

Thank you very much

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Sorry, I forgot to mention how to open .ApplicationObjects.HBW3D.RackLane. Do a Alt+DoubleClick on it and you'll see the content of the frame, preventing the dialog from coming up. Here .ApplicationObjects.HBW3D.RackLane.IN and .ApplicationObjects.HBW3D.RackLane.OUT would be my favorites to add the controls to trigger the attributes already mentioned.

You may also think about deriving your own subclass from .ApplicationObjects.HBW3D.RackLane and modifing it accordingly. Which might become more challenging, because you have to take care the .ApplicationObjects.HBW3D.RackLane.WMS is still able to control the warehouse.

Regards

Always consider using the AttributeExplorer!