Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sebnding parts to empty buffer

Hello All,

I have a situation where I have 8 different buffer with capacity of 4 each. I have to check every time that which buffer is empty ourt of these 8 buffer and then send part to the empty buffer. if two buffer are empty at the same time then i send it to buffer that is waiting longer. But the problem is I am not able to find the suitable method that runs in a loop every time automatically to find which buffer is empty out of 8? can anyone help me here with the logic?

4 REPLIES

Re: sebnding parts to empty buffer

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Since Plant Simulation is event-driven, normally you would not use a loop that continuously scans the system status. There is only on event when you need to decide according to your rule, namely when an MU is ready to enter one of the buffers nad multiple buffers are available. Instead you can use an Exit-strategy to feed the Buffer objects from a SingleProc object, or whatever feeds them with MUs.

Please check the Help-pages on Exit-strategies. I guess that what you want to achieve is covered by the Least Recent Demand option.

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Hello Mr. Nomdem,

Thanks for your answer. I think what you said is the probably the best way to handle these situation. But in my case I am having the trouble because i am using the transporter to carry the parts to the buffer. So at the source the transporter loads the parts and then it waits until one of the buffer is free and then it starts moving on thje track with destination towards that particular buffer. Since the transporter is not directly connected to the buffer, I am having a difficulty using this approach. Can you provide any trick where I can control the destination of the transporter with same exit startegy at the beginning?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Well, first of all you might model the Transporter as a SingleProc, that could be a simplified way of modeling it. If it works, why not?

However, if you do go for the Transporter option, you need to do some SimTalk. Basically, you need a method that decides if the Transporter needs to pick up an MU and, if so, where to take it. There two principal triggers for it: 1. an MU becomes available at the loading station, 2. a Buffer becomes less than full and can receive a new MU. To start, I think the easiest way is to trigger it as an entrance/exit control of the loading station and as en exit control of the buffers (an alternative approach is to trigger it through Observers).

I hope this helps to make the next few steps. Good luck!

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,Buddha

As Nomden says,you should refer to the "Exitstrategy", i post it in the following picture.

Hope it helps you!

捕获.JPG