Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

self modelled deadlock

Hi to everybody!

I have no idea if I can open another discussion about a similar problem I wrote a few days ago. I apologize if I couldn't do that.

I was trying to solve the problem of "Simulation stops" trying to simulate another model.

In this model after a few seconds the simulation stops and if you open the debugger you can see the same strange deadlock! At the beginning during the running of the first simulation I thought it was a bug but it can't be a bug if it comes out also in this simulation.

I hope someone could help me because I'm feeling frustrated.

Thank you very much.

Marco

11 REPLIES

Re: self modelled deadlock

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

The model behaves strange indeed!

In fact, the simulation does not stop, but hangs at 1:18:20:52.3298. This is something for the people from Siemens...

Gert Nomden
Senior Consultant | Tecnomatix Product Manager
cardsplmsolutions.com

First thank you very much for your reply.
Actually I noticed that simulation continued to run but due to the problem couldn't go on.
Now, what I have to do? Sorry but I didn't understand if the problem will be unsolved forever or I can hope to come to the solution.
Do I have to write to Siemens?

Legend
Legend

I can't open your model.
Anyway I suggest you to contact Siemens.

I'm using Plant since the last year and I found several bugs (e.g two transporters moving on the same track, in particular conditions stop, altough the event controller continues running. You can replicate this bug in different models).

When the bug was not kwown, Siemens relesead a "custom" patch to fix the problem.
Just be sure it is really a bug! :-)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hi, The problem is caused by a bug that happens when the failure of a conveyor with activated gap/pitch ends and there are more than one part in the blocklist and the gap/pitch is not reached. Then alternately the parts in the blocklist will be unblocked but no one may enter the conveyor. We will fix this bug in the next service packs which will be released soon. Sorry for the problem. Kind regards Karola Mock
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Thank you for your advice. I send you the project again. I'm going to contact Siemens but it's so strange that nobody noticed this kind of error.

Hi KarolaMock I'm pleased to read your message. I have one more question because I'm using a student version: will I be able to download this pack me too? And how I will be able to do this?

Siemens Phenom

Hi Marco,

Once the maintenance pack 13.0.2 is released we will create a new setup for the student version.

You can just reregister for the student version and download the new version. Your old license file is still valid.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you very much. I'm going to download it as soon as possible. Do you know exactly when the new version will be released?

Siemens Phenom

As soon as the 13.0.2 maintenance pack will be released, you will see a post on our Twitter channel: https://twitter.com/PlantSimulation

The student version should be available a few days later.

Regards,

Ralf