Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup time in a parallel proc

Builder
Builder

Hi community

I have a doubt about how is applied the set-up time on different machines connected to one buffer.I have attached an image to show the issue.

I have a buffer sending parts to three stations (two single processes and one parallel proc), this buffer has the least recent demand as the exit strategy, and a setup time is applied to the three stations using a formula.

The question is next:
Why is the setup only applied to two stations at the same time, even when the buffer has enough parts to send to each station? I did a simple exercise replacing a parallel proc by a single proc and in that case, the setup is applied to the three stations at the same time. Does exist a priority to apply the setup time to the parallel proc?

I would like to know if it is possible to perform this task

Regards
Charly

4 REPLIES 4

Re: setup time in a parallel proc

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Charly,

do you have a model which shows your problem? It would be very helpful when you could post this model.

Or you must post all settings of the involved stations.

Regards

Karola

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Builder
Builder

Hi Karola 

I attached a sample model with the parameters I have used. I hope you can help me with this little problem.

Regards

Charly

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Charly,

I think, you should deactivate in the parallelproc at tab page set-up the setting "only when empty". Then the parallelproc will do setup same as a singleproc.

Regards,

Karola

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Builder
Builder

Hi Karola

Thank you so much for your help, it works perfectly!!  I appreciate your answer and your time to this post

Regards

Charly