Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

statthroughputperhour on a SingleProc

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hey guys

I am busy with an automotive BIW line and the most important value is Thoughput per hour (TPH). This is easily collected using Drain.statthroughputperhor but this can only be called on a drain object. I was wondering what would be the most effecient way of getting the same information out of a SingleProc?

Using a method to count to throughput and a generator to trigger every hour can show the current TPH but does not keep historical record. The values can be recorded into a table and then the average can be calculated but that seems like too much work for this basic stat.

Any suggestions?

I have attached a small model where I am curently playing around with scenarios.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES

Re: statthroughputperhour on a SingleProc

Legend
Legend

Hello!

Not an elegant solution, but usable when there's only one object you want to follow.

Use an exit rear control on the SingleProc, with this code:

is
do
-- Drain here is an extra drain in your model.
@.create(Drain, 0, true);
end;

The third parameter, set to true, will allow you to copy the statistics of the mu you create the copy from.

This will allow you to monitor the throughput with the statistics from a Drain. Very simple solution.

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi, thank for the reply.

I actually have to keep track of mutliple objects and drains so this particular solution might not work, but thanks for the feedback

Legend
Legend
If you want to have a historical record I don't think there's another option other than recording it to a table or database.

It's possible to combine that solution with a buffer to place them in with a processing time of 0. An entrance control on the connected drain will serve to sort the incoming MUs into a table.

You can use integer division to bin the results into a row in the table. Using integer division, //, with 3600 and converting EventController.SimTime to an integer will give you the current hour as a number.

But then, another solution could be to just to use an Observer on statNumIn that counts this information. Using an observer will allow you to measure leadtime between two stations as well.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

in BiW you usually use a singleproc and statworkingportion

jph = 3600 X statworkingportion of singleProc  : cycletime of singleProc