Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the formats of the 3D graphics in 3D models?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,everyone!

I wanna to create 3D models ,indeed, the 3D graphics provides by software is simple so that it cannot display the features of machines and other equipment(such as length ,width, height and animation places and so on).

Therefore I intend to create 3D graphics by myself .Firstly, I refer to some topics related to 3D graphics. I find that the formats of 3D graphics include “JT” and “S3D”. Secondly, I try to add them to 3D model, here, there are 2 ways to realize :”import graphics” and “exchange graphics”,as is shown in the following marked picture.

0922.JPG

When I use the former way , I find that only 3D graphics of “JT” formats can success. When I use the latter way, only 3D graphics of “S3D” formats can come true.

Why the “JT” formats cannot be used in the “exchange graphics” way, Does that mean I must create 2 formats of 3D graphics when I add them to 3D models with 2 software?

What software would be suggested if I create these 2 formats of 3D graphics? Especially ,I have no idea about “S3D”,it’s much better if you could explain in detail.

Looking forward to your valuable adice,Any help is great appreciated!

7 REPLIES

Betreff: the formats of the 3D graphics in 3D models?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello MarkLee,

when using ImportGraphics, you can add graphic files to your existing graphic. A long list of graphic formats are supported. These files often are created using CAD programs.

Exchange graphic will be used when there is no graphic available or if you want to replace an existing graphic. This function only imports s3d files. The s3d files have a graphic component and also a animation component. This means, when using Exchange graphic you will get a new graphic and suitable animation.

Hope this helps.

GG

Regards
GG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, GG!

Thanks for your prompt reply.However ,I still dont know that What software would be available if I create "S3D" format of 3D graphics?

looking forward your suggestions!

Phenom
Phenom

s3d is a dedicated 3D Plant Simulation format.

Therefore you can "only"  create/export/import from/ to Plant Simulation

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,GG!

How to convert the "JT" format files into "S3D" format files?  Or how to create "S3D" format files in with PS ,software.Could you share a video to show it?

Thanks again for you quick feedback!

Phenom
Phenom

as stated before, drag&drop  jt file on 3D window  and export 3D geometries as s3d  (s.b.)

Unbenannt.png

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,GG!

So that is what it is ,I got it ! Thank you!

Experimenter
Experimenter

What's the meaning of  GG?

Hi, GG !

@MarkLee wrote:

Hi, GG!

Thanks for your prompt reply.However ,I still dont know that What software would be available if I create "S3D" format of 3D graphics?

looking forward your suggestions!