Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

truck schedule

I have made a model in plant sim which is sending trucks according to least recent demand exit strategy automatically and giving the best routing. Now I want to track where all the truck went. There are 3 types of trucks capacity - 99 - 3 No.s , capacity - 51 - 2 No.s Capacity - 36 - 2 No.s. Basically I want to find out their route how can I do it

10 REPLIES

Re: truck schedule

Hello Aagosh,

You can create three types of moving units (MUs) and you can configure the SankeyDiagram object to see the flow of truck with different color.

or 

I hope you know Simtalk programming in PlantSim..

You can follow these steps to see the route the truck followed.

1. Create an attribute of data type 'table' (lets say 'path_followed')in all three types of truck

- Update the 1st column & 1st row of the table with the 'type' of truck (like capacity 99 / capacity 55 / capacity 36) & update the succeeding coloumns of the 1st row with track names; which the truck used to reach its final destination.

2. To update the track names in the table, create entrance ctrl in all tracks.

- As soon as the truck enters a track, the track name will be updated in truck's table attribute (path_followed) Xdim+1.

3. Create a TableFile in the frame (lets say 'common_route_table')

- It will be a common tableFile to view all the truck's route one below the other - Ydim+1.

4. Create an entrance ctrl in the final destination objects of the trucks to copy the 1st row of 'path_followed' table of the truck to 'common_route_table'.

So you can see the route of each type of truck followed to reach its final destination in the 'common_route_table' created on frame.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Abhilash S.

View my LinkedIn profile

Thanks & Best Regards,
Abhilash Sridhar
Mercedes Benz R&D India, Daimler AG

truck schedule

i cannot do point no. 2 suggested by you...can u please explain me how to do that

For step 2 use the below simtalk program,

is
x_dim : integer;
do
x_dim := @.path_followed.xdim+1;
@.path_followed[x_dim, 1] := ?.name;
end;

For step 4 use the below simtalk pragram,

is
y_dim : integer;
do
y_dim := common_route_table.ydim+1;
@.path_followed.copyrangeto({1,1}..{*,1}, common_route_table, 1, y_dim);
end;

Thanks & Best Regards,
Abhilash Sridhar

THANKS A LOT. Its working.. But in my model 3 trucks of 3 types each i.e.9 trucks are shuttling between locations. so is there a method to find out not only what route are they following but also at what time where they are..like when did it leave its 1st destination and reached 2nd and then reached 3rrd. They ae making various trips in 1 day

Yes, it is possible. But you will have to program using simtalk. Thats the only way to extract these custom details.

Write Methods in Entrance and Exit of the tracks to get the Entry & Exit times (EventController.AbssimTime) of the truck.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Abhilash Sridhar

Like I have various blocks lets take 1 block "Truck Bay"

I want the name of the MU that entered it and exited it...along with time of entry and exit.

I have prepared similar thing for production every 15 minutes using event controller but not able toprepare it  for truck

Hi Abhilash can you please help...

How to find out where is each and every truck going...path or destination

and at what time it is reaching the destination and leaving it for next destination.

Aagosh,

For step 2 use the below simtalk program,

is
do
@.path_followed[x_dim, 1] := ?.name;
@.path_followed[x_dim+1, 1] := to_str(eventController.abssimTime);
end;

You have to create an ExitCtrl in all tracks & use the below program.

is
do
@.path_followed[x_dim, 1] := to_str(eventController.abssimTime);
@.move;
end;

Thanks & Best Regards,

Abhilash S.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Abhilash Sridhar