Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two-way conveyor with a condition

Creator
Creator

Hello everyone,

I need your help with please.

So my model must have the following conditions:

1- A product can be processed by only one station, so that when a product arrives at the conveyor A and that in the station 1 there is already another product, he passes his way and goes to the station 2.

2-And when a product has been processed by station 1 it must not be processed by station 2.

3-If it is possible to model the conveyor that brings the product to the stations, as being two-way conveyors.

I really do not know how to make a condition like this with the Method function, your help will be very useful to me.

Thank you very much for your time.

You will find attached my model.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: two-way conveyor with a condition

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi!

To answer question three first: Conveyors are one way only. Using two conveyors going in different direction is, as far as i know, the recommended way to do it. Personally I also think it makes it easier to follow th. flow of materials this way.

As to your model, here's what I did:

• Added a boolean attribute called "Processed" on all containers. The default value is false.
  • Added an exit control to the machines that set the attribute "Processed" to true.
  • Added exit controls to conveyors A, B and C that check if the next machine is available and if the container has been processed (i.e. looking at the attribute "Processed").
    • If machine is empty and container not processed send it to the machine.
    • If the machine is occupied or the container is already processed, send it to the next conveyor.

Phenom
Phenom

@1 

If a mu goes to station 1.. 3, lock the conveyor1 (entrance)  leading to the station(s).

When the processed mu leaves the  conveyor2 back to the main conveyor 

unlock conveyor1 entrance.

@2

Create a user defined variable as flag to mark the MU as already processed.

At the conveyor junctions you then decide whether to process or not.

@3 

The easiest way in your case is probably to  set the 2 conveyors over each other

Creator
Creator

Thank you very much, that's exactly what I wanted.

Thank you.

Creator
Creator

Thank you for your answer