Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

worker

Builder
Builder

i have 8 workers working on a single proc.each worker when finishes the work ,it comes to a buffer ,carry the part and work at the station.similarly when other worker is free he comes to the buffer ,carry the part and work there.Problem is how i can write a method on the exit cntrl of buffer so that which ever worker is free he comes to the buffer on its own and  carry the part...i have tried a lot of things but not getting satisfactiry results...i just want to model a situation where whihcever worker is free he comes to the store ,takes the part and so on..

Need Help!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: worker

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi k_parashar,

You can use a buffer with exit strategy "Carry part away" to get the worker carry the part to a station and work on it. But I think you need to sketch the system a bit more clearly. If there is a fixed combination of storage space and work station, then you can use separate buffers.

Regards,

Gert Nomden

Gert Nomden
Digital Factory Consultant
cardsplmsolutions.com

Builder
Builder

i am using carry part away but the problem is in the mutarget,i can only feed one destination there.but the destination changes each time.i am not able to write a method for MU target where mu target changes to the workplaces where the worker finished the job.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

So, as soon as the worker has finished a job, there is a new one waiting? You can use an exit control at the workstation to push a new MU from the storagebuffer. For the buffer you then should implement an exit control (front-triggered) that first sets the destination, then applies the move command. Once you attempt to move the MU, the service request is made. I did not test it now, but I am 98% sure that this would work.

Gert Nomden
Digital Factory Consultant
cardsplmsolutions.com

Hi

I had a similar problem

And I did something like this...

-- What is the type on the carier, that need to be carried away
    PartName := @.cont.name;

-- Set the destination according to the object type and where it is supose to go

-- Look in a table to find the needed destination

@.Destination := str_to_obj(to_str(DestTable["Line Address", PartName]));