Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

writeExcelFile with student licence

Creator
Creator

Hey guys!

I'm working on an model with about 130 objects. This model was build with the educational licence of Plant Simulation in my universtity.

The reset method creates tables with the collected statistic of each chart/diagram and export these in singular Excel files.

At home (student version, cap at 80 objects) I would like to run some simulations with different RandomNumbersVariant. I activated the option "Increment Variant on Reset" of the eventcontroller in the saved model (Education Licence). When I open the model at home I got the Message "Maximum number of objects allowed for a Student License are exceeded". I'm fine with that, I just want to simulate 10 runs without any edits.  Everything works fine, except the "writeExcelFile" part. The model doesn't export the data from my tables in the Excelfiles.

Does anybody know an solution for that? Maybe an other way to export these values. It seems that the command "writeExcelFile" doesn't work with the student licence and an model of 130 objects.

Best regards

divantho

3 REPLIES 3

Re: writeExcelFile with student licence

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Divantho,

this behavior is intended.

It should prevent that you use a Student version for commercial projects.

So all data export is prohibited once the 80 object limit is reached.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.

Creator
Creator

Hi RalfTobel,

thanks for your fast support.

I can well understand that.

So an automatic export isn't possible in this case. The only option is to open each table, copy the values and paste them in my Excel files manually?

Best regards

divantho

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

That's correct.

Regards,

Ralf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you like the answer? Then click the Thumbs Up button.
Did the answer solve your problem? Then accept the answer as solution.