Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topics I'd like to see - NX

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Mostly as I just DO NOT have time to figure this stuff out myself, then train other users...

I need a powerpoint I can give to users "you want to do X - read thru this".  This COULD be done in training sessions, BUT THE TRAINING MATERIALS NEED TO BE AVAILABLE TO ALL, even if you don't attend the training classes (I find the past few years classes essentially useless, as there is nothing I can take back & give to my users.  Others at Moog have very different opinions on the classes, however)

1) Tutorial type presentation on topology optimization.  Starting with nothing, run thru entire process to get faceted solid body. (note due to time constraints, I can understand doing:

"at this point, hit the 'solve' button.  Results are shown here...")

2) Ditto for Additive Manufacturing. Start with original enginering model.  Modify as needed for AM.  Add support structure.  Position on platen, slice & dice & send to machine.  (perhaps 2 talks - one on modeling aspects, one on selecting machine, adding to platen, adding support structures, etc.)
Again, perhaps skip long-running steps.

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Comments
Siemens Visionary

Great suggestions - cooking show type tips and tricks?  Showing the steps in tutorial fashion up to the number crunching part, and then bring the "cake out of the oven" to move on to next steps.   

For the time issue in building this out, is there something that we can do to help make this easier?   I believe that everyone wants more user content from users.   But not sure everyone gets the luxury of time to create the content.   We'd like to find a way to help in that process.   

Ideas from you and others welcome!

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Gears Honored Contributor

"For the time issue in building this out, is there something that we can do to help make this easier?   I believe that everyone wants more user content from users.   But not sure everyone gets the luxury of time to create the content.   We'd like to find a way to help in that process.   

Ideas from you and others welcome!"

To save time for creating the content, co-presenting is a good solution.

This is being used effectively elsewhere in other CAD gatherings and user groups.

The idea is to both allow and facilitate users to come together and co-present on a given topic of common interest.

For this, Siemens PLM should provide an online platform where users who wish to present can team up in groups of 2 or 3.

This communication platform should be made available well in advance, during the same time as inviting users to present for the event.

For example, I wish to present on Sheetmetal or say Generative Design, but these topics are too vast for a single person to initiate and present.

So I will post on the forum about my willingness to co-present.

Others with knowledge in that area and an interest in presenting can respond.

They can then team up offline to co-present.

This is like going to gym where a single person may find it difficult to start and sustain.

With a gym-goer buddy to cheer up each other, it becomes easier and enjoyable.

This also helps during the actual presentation, especially for first-times, since having another person on the stage provides the presenter help and courage to face the audience.

I think we can use this forum itself for this purpose and a special area can be created for co-presentation.

Tushar Suradkar

www.CADVertex.com

www.SurfAndCode.IN