Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

A different Process Step if Thinclient

Experimenter
Experimenter

The UI on the thinclient is less forgiving and cant pack the controls as good as the rich client does. Is there a way to programtically detect the client and switch to a different process step?

The question is how to detect if client is thinclient?

3 REPLIES

Re: A different Process Step if Thinclient

Experimenter
Experimenter

Never mind, its in Kijin's Nuggets:

g_objectManager.Unattended if true means thinclient. But wondering if this'd be true for the Unattended engineer too.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I've noticed that g_objectManager.Unattended is true if you'll run rsEngineer with /U argument.

For our automated Unattended Engineer usage it's always true.

But in Unattended Engineer as far as I remember g_ObjectManager.RuleServices flag will be True while in ThinClient session it should be True.

I remember in the past I was experimenting and found some combinations of those two flags that allowed me to recognize if it's Engineer, Engineer Unattended, ThinClient or Modelservice.

Most probably I'll need such thing again in 1-2 months so I'll try to put thise combinations here

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Ok I did a test and here's what I've noticed regarding g_ObjectManager.Unattended and g_ObjectManager.Ruleservices flags

in RS Engineer session:

Unattended = False

Ruleservicers = False

in RS Engineer Unattended:

Unattended = True

Ruleservices = False

in ThinClient:

Unattended = True

Ruleservices = True

I didn't tested last usage - an application that uses ModelService (i.e. via ModelservicesWS library) but I think that or it will be set up as ThinClient or you can manage both flags when estabilish a session.

Anyway I can't imagine right now why would such application should access process steps so it seems not relevent much