Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Access To Users Table In Rules DB? (8.11.1)

I have an app where I'm replicating some of the functionality in User Manager, and am accessing the Users table in the Rules DB to create a User subpart collection. The code to load the users looks like this:

Try
            'Dim strSQL As String = "SELECT [User_ID],[User_Name],[Admin],[Disabled],[License_Key],[Project_Prefix],[Last_Login],[User_Email],[Password] FROM Users"
            Dim strSQL As String = "SELECT * FROM Users"
            Dim dsUsers As DataSet = g_RulesData.ExecuteSQL(strSQL)
            If dsUsers.Tables.Count > 0 Then
                For Each row As DataRow In dsUsers.Tables(0).Rows

Running either strSQL throws as an "Invalid SQL statement" exception on the bold line above.

I have very similar code to load the Roles that works fine:

Try Dim strSQL As String = "SELECT * FROM Roles" Dim dsRoles As DataSet = g_RulesData.ExecuteSQL(strSQL) If dsRoles.Tables.Count > 0 Then For Each row As DataRow In dsRoles.Tables(0).Rows

So, what's the difference? Permissions?

I had a version of this code working on 8.10.0, before moving to 8.11.1, but I was accessing the table using more code before discovering the more direct access through g_RulesData.ExecuteSQL(strSQL). I can't be sure this worked in 8.10.0, and I uninstalled all old versions while getting the thin client running. 

3 REPLIES

Re: Access To Users Table In Rules DB? (8.11.1)

Chris,

Since "Users" means something to SQL Server, try changing your query to use:

FROM [dbo].[Users]

so that SQL Server knows that you are referring to the table.

/gdm

Hello,

Is the proposed solution working for you in 8.11.0 or higher? It is not working for me. Is perhaps the Users table locked (i.e. you don't have access rights from RSEngineer)?

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,

I haven't been back to this, as I ended up going another route.