Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing nx component

Experimenter
Experimenter
We are creating an architecture where at top level,we are having a blank nx. We are having different SPC for different components. We want to control the nx step so that it shows the required spc component in the blank nx file.

But we are not able to access the individual nx spec on the top blank.rulestream shows the total no of nx scanned in all the spc.
In the nutshell, how to replace nx spec of top level with nx spec of spc.
3 REPLIES

Betreff: Accessing nx component

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi,

just a few questions:

What is SPC?

Are you working with Teamcenter? Managed? or Flatfile?

What I somehow understand .. If you can not scan in multiple NX Parts into your TLPF ... create small TLPF's with that specific SPC(?) ... and call them from comand line to start when you need them.

Hope that helps a bit.

BR

Experimenter
Experimenter
I am testing a 3 level assembly : Assembly, sub assembly and component make the 3 levels. In the attached picture, 3 level is shown where cuboid, triangle are components. They go up to form a Sub assembly (Cuboid_triangle). This sub assembly makes final assembly with Cylinder. I have attached models and drawings for each component at each levels NX spec as it is visible too. Now I want to access the NX at each level through Process steps. In this method, I want to do the assembly outside of Rulestream and link it in Rulestream. Is it possible?

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

If you klick into the single Partfamilies .. you should be able to see them. (attached Screenshot)

But still the question ... are you working with Teamcenter? Managed Mode? Flatfile?

This makes a real diffrent in how you work with the things!

Rgarding "outside Rulestream" ... what do you want to do exactly and what is the process behind?