Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

AdditionalDllsToLoad (8.16.3) in Development Environments?

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

We're looking to use the new AdditionalDllsToLoad option in 8.16.3, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to have multiple versions of our DLLs while working with DEV/TEST/PROD environments.

In my initial testing, I was able to get our dlls to load when I placed them in Program Files, but that only allows for a single version, where we could potentially have a different version for each environment.  

I've tried putting the DLLs in Program Data along side the compiled rules dll in the Applications\<ProfileName> folder, but were not successful in gettting them to load from there. If that worked, we could have a different version per profile, which would solve the multiple environments issue for me, as we would just manage the .txt files in Master Documents for each profile, pointing to the correct dll version. 

Has anyone else had success using this in multiple environments?   

1 REPLY

Re: AdditionalDllsToLoad (8.16.3) in Development Environments?

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

So, it turns out that I introduced an unrelated error that was preventing my dlls from loading. I am now able to get the dlls to load from ProgramData, when placing them along side the application dlls in the profile folder, which solves my issue of having multiple locations/environments.