Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Chart specification

Hello. 

Working on a chart diagram. Have some questions.

Could anybody help please.

Thanks

1. How could we generate a chart based image? Or where could we find it?

I was expecting it to appear in the Master Documents folder, but it didn't appear.

Screenshot - 5_23_2016 , 11_08_25 AM.jpg

2.  My chard displays the values from 20000 till 32000. How could I force it to be from 0 till еру maximum of my values?Screenshot - 5_23_2016 , 11_13_55 AM.jpg

The PartFamily Staging has a chart specification. 'StagingData' is a data.

I need to have a some code to setup the data I want to display.

I need to declare few VB variable, to have some sorting loops, some logic which calculate the data I want to display, calulate a quantity of StagingData datasets to be instantiated.

Where could I write such code?

Screenshot - 5_23_2016 , 11_10_28 AM.jpg

4. Could I somehow make a flexible number of Series for a StackBar diagram?

Screenshot - 5_23_2016 , 11_37_39 AM.jpg

2 REPLIES

Re: Chart specification

1. The output image would be created in two scenarios: (a) When you perform a Rulestream release, the output file will be created in the working and release folders, and (b) It will be created in the working folder at runtime if it is demanded (for example, a Word viewer calls a Word Image Spec, which cross-references the output of the Chart spec in order to place the image into the Word document).

2. In Rulestream 8.11.1, we will have the ability to set the minimum, maximum, and the interval of a numeric axis. You could use this feature in the next release to set the minimum to 0 on the x axis of your bar chart.

3. Create connection(s) at the Staging PF level that manipulates the data that is in StagingData. Then create another subpart collection at the Staging PF level (called CalculatedData) that reflects the Connection that contains the data you wish to display. Note: the StagingData does not necessarily need to be below the chart spec - only the CalculatedData.

4. You can only have two axes for a stack bar chart (one numeric, one string). However, you can control the number of series with the quantity of data parts. The properties in those parts would relfect the categories (the y axis) for each data series.

Re: Chart specification

[ Edited ]

(b) It will be created in the working folder at runtime if it is demanded (for example, a Word viewer calls a Word Image Spec, which cross-references the output of the Chart spec in order to place the image into the Word document).

I'd like the image to be created in the 2nd scenario. But it isn't. Don't understand why.

2. Great!

3. ..

4. You can only have two axes for a stack bar chart (one numeric, one string). However, you can control the number of series with the quantity of data parts. The properties in those parts would relfect the categories (the y axis) for each data series.

Yes that is truth if we're using the 'bar diagram' but if we're using the 'stacked bar diagram' the quantity of the dataparts unfluences not to the number of series but to the number of the items of one series.

stack.jpg

Thank you for the answers!