Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in drawing generation in NX 10 Managed mode using rulestream 11.0

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am working with rulestream 11.0 and NX 10.0 . We are integrating models and their corresponding drawings in process steps. While I am able to generate the updated models by applying my rules but my drawing is not being generated. 

I have attached screenshot of error.  Drawing has been scanned in the NX- drawing specification and models are being scanned in the NX - geometry specification. 

4 REPLIES

Betreff: Error in drawing generation in NX 10 Managed mode using rulestream 11.0

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

I think that you should create a GTAC ticket for that.

Is it possible to update to a new version of Rulestream?

Betreff: Error in drawing generation in NX 10 Managed mode using rulestream 11.0

Experimenter
Experimenter

if I update to higher version of rulestream, what will happen to my existing applications?  Will they migrate automatically and no problem will be faced by the end user or do I need to migrate it ?

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

You will have to recompile them.

And of course test.

The rich clients has to be installed .. and so on.

You can copy the database and test with that to see if it would work.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Upgrading to a newer version of Rulestream is usually as simple as downloading the newer install files and upgrade the DBs and rich clients (RsArchitect and RsEngineer). But, because Rulestream depends on many underlying features or Windows, .NET framework, third party components, etc sometimes things can break - sometimes things break on certain machines but work on certain other ones.

It is never a good idea to install an upgrade on production machines without first doing it on a test machine and running the application to make sure everything looks, feels and works OK (most of the times it just does).

Dharmesh Sanghavi