Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How it works: Auto save during runtime

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, everybody!

Please suggest if someone used. How work the setting: Auto save during runtime ?

Is it possible to manage or change AutoSave settings? The manuals didn't find any information.

3 REPLIES

Re: How it works: Auto save during runtime

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Marat,

I have not used auto-save in a long time now but at one point (pre-Siemens acquisition of Rulestream), this feature triggered an automatic save of the model (in Engineer) each time you switched process steps. If the option is still available, may be it still works the same.

Dharmesh

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, DharmeshS

I'm trying to understand when this feature works. I checked. When I switch stages of the process, I don't see this function working.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Actually, now that I think about it, I might have missed a crucial element of this feature (assuming this feature still works)...again, I have used this feature almost 10-12 years back and it used to work then. RS has gone through its share of changes in management and decision makers so I hope this feature wasn't left out along the way. Here's the main point that I missed in my earlier post:

The auto-save is triggered when you change instances - so, if you have a few process steps for once instance of partfamily A and some steps for another instance of partfamily A (or another partfamily) OR if there are multiple instances in the 'instance drop-down' within a process step, then the save is triggered by RS when you change the process step (with another instance) or when you select another instance from the instance drop-down. The idea behind this behavior was to allow a sales guy to work on the same high-level instance (for e.g. a distribution lineup 1 in a power distribution configurator) and then when he is done and moves to another instance (lineup 2), it was a fair assumption that he was done working on the first high-level instance (lineup 1) and thus trigger a save (so the user does not have to remember to do a partial save with one milestone complete and before beginning another).

I hope it make sense.

Dharmesh