Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to release parts from sub-part families?

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

How to release parts from sub-part families (they have SolidWorks property for releasing models) , if top part family don’t have a SolidWorks output?

1) It is my part family tree.

Top Level part family is "WasherChoose". On this step the user selects the shape and other characteristics of the part.

"ModelCreate" - it is subpart collection for SolidWorks output. Rulestream release one of the part shapes the user has chosen.

"WasherShapeChoose"  - it is subpart collection for calculation.

ScreenShot040.pngPart Family Tree (Top Part Family)2) Sub Part Families  "Shape1" and "Shape2" have different properties and different output Models.ScreenShot041.pngPart Family Tree (Sub-Part Family) with SolidWorks output

3) It is final step for SolidWorks output and releasing models.

ScreenShot043.pngStep for SolidWorks output ( The choice of "Shape" made by the user)3) Result of the final step. Rulestream don't open model in SolidWorks (but SolidWorks is launched by the Rulestream). It does not depend by variables.

ScreenShot044.pngError on this step  If I make SolidWorks output in the Top Family Part (assembly) - it is working, but I don't need it, I just need the release of one of the parts.

What am I doing wrong and how to solve this problem?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to release parts from sub-part families?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, were you able to resolve this issue? It appears your SWX model may not be building properly based on the values supplied to it by your properties.

Dharmesh

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Dharmesh

I talked to the developers, they said that without assembly in top part family it will not work.

It does not relate to the properties of the part, it refers to the architecture of the Rulestream.

Maybe they will make it possible to produce Solidworks parts without  assembly in the Top Part Family.

Highlighted

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That is correct and applies to most integrations...I just noticed in the picture you had posted in your original question that the root part does not have a SWX spec. Glad that you were able to move forward..

Dharmesh