Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with File naming in Solid Edge spec

Experimenter
Experimenter

I'm having an issue with the filenames assigned by Rulestream when I place a standard assembly from a Solid Edge spec.

bom.png

If the Solid Edge spec contains a SINGLE .asm  file as a template, and I specify the working filename from a property so that it does NOT use the Rulestream default filename convention, the components in the .asm file retain their original names. This is exactly what I want.

However, if the Solid Edge spec contains MULTIPLE .asm files where I select one based on a property, and I specify the working filename from a property so that it does NOT use the Rulestream default filename convention, all of the components in that assembly are being assigned the Rulestream names (that is, all the "extra" stuff in parentheses like "ETO000038-1-879-1").  I don't see why this is the case. Clearly the specified property was used for the subassembly filename, but why the subparts all got the added characters is beyond my understanding.

The subassembly CHA-1705-6-RS.ASM was placed by Rulestream from a list of templates.

Capture1.PNG

Note that its filename was assigned as specified from a property (that is, NOT the default <BASENAME>-(<PROJECT ID>-.....))

Capture2.PNG

ALL of the components that were contained in it (that is, components that exist in the imported assembly, not "placed" separately by Rulestream) get the Rulestream default characters attached to them. Not good.

The subassembly cha-1522-rs1.asm was placed by Rulestream from a Solid Edge spec that contained only this single assembly file in the template list.

Capture3.PNG

Note that Rulestream placed the assembly with all of its components with the filenames as they were imported. This is the correct action.

Any thoughts on how to get the multiple template example to work correctly?

2 REPLIES

Re: Issue with File naming in Solid Edge spec

Creator
Creator

I have a similar problem. The SE spec has a part file with a part copy placed in it. The part copy body is always renamed with the Rulestream suffix in the release folder. I have not been able to find a way around it yet.

Re: Issue with File naming in Solid Edge spec

Experimenter
Experimenter

Yes, your problem sounds similar. Supposedly this was fixed for assemblies in 8.15.1 (their reference in Release Notes is D-05439). However, it still doesn't work, so I'm not sure what was "fixed". This problem wreaks havoc with my ability to check in assemblies to our PLM system because the default Rulestream filenaming convention does not fit our system standards.