Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

PDF Viewer in Thin Client

I'm attempting to use the From Property Option of the PDF Viewer in the thin client from Rulestream 8.12.0.PDf Viewer2.png

The Thin Client displays the path to the file on the server and the file does exist however the file is not displayed.  

Thin Client PDf Viewer.png

Here is the file on the server

PDf On server.png

Is there something else that needs to be done to display the file in the viewer on the thin client?

8 REPLIES

Re: PDF Viewer in Thin Client

[ Edited ]

I Upgraded to Rulestream 8.14.0 and I'm still having the same issue.

Hi Justin.

Thanks for submitting this issue.

We will take a look and get back to you.

Justin,

Assuming that you are creating these PDF’s in the WIP “on-the-fly” from an integration spec (Word, CAD, etc), you should use the “In this spec output” option. I did a quick test here to verify and was able to view the PDF’s in the WIP created from a Word spec.

Another option would be to use the DocumentLauncherButton in the Custom UI Builder. It will let you point to any file and open it in it’s default program outside of Rulestream. In this case, it would open it in your preferred PDF viewer program.

Thanks,
Trent

How would I show a static pdf in the thin client?  

Try using the DocumentLauncherButton for static PDFs.

Thanks.

I get this error when attempting to use the Launch Document button.

Launch Document.png

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author EI-JustinRice
‎07-14-2017 09:43 AM

Justin,

In the Properties for the DocumentLauncherButton on the Custom UI Builder, make sure you only have the name of the file, not the entire path for FileName. If you selected "WorkingFolder" for the DocumentLocation,  RS will concatenate the working directories path (DocumentLocation) with the name of the file (FileName) at runtime to give you the correct path at runtime.

Thanks,

Trent

To use the pdf viewer it appears the document must exist in the master documents folder.  Thanks for all your help.