Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReleaseActionButton Could not release the model...

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

I'm getting the following error at the very end of the AfterRelease event, in what appears to be a final refresh.  

---------------------------
RuleStream.Designer
ReleaseActionButton

Could not release the model. Exception: Object variable or With block variable not set.
OK   

I have two quoting applications that I'm running from a third application that replaces the default Project/Line Item UI. After release (from with a quote line item), I save the model and load the PLI UI.

When I release from one application, everything works correctly, no error. But when I release from the other application, I get this error at the end of the AfterRelease event. Both apps use the same AfterRelease event code:

Public Sub g_RsEngineer_AfterRelease(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) 'Handles g_RsEngineer.RsAfterRelease
        RS_Message("Custom.vb g_RsEngineer_AfterRelease()", "Caught After Release Event", RS_ERR_INFO, OnlyLogReleaseEvents())
        If RootPart.IsCPQ Then
            ' Change to Quote Management Mode
            RootPart.Properties("AppMode").InputValue = "MANAGE"
        End If

g_RsEngineer.SaveModel()
        ' original line item
        Dim oriProjectID As String = RootPart.ProjectID
        Dim oriLineItemID As String = RootPart.LineItem
        ' Check in original line item
        CheckInLineItem(oriProjectID, oriLineItemID)
        ' open PLI interface
        Dim pliProjectID As String = RootPart.ToConstants(1).PliProjectID
        Dim pliLineItemID As String = RootPart.ToConstants(1).PliLineItemID
        Dim pliProcessName As String = "DefaultProcess"

g_RsEngineer.RsDesigner.LoadModel(pliProjectID, pliLineItemID, pliProcessName)
        'g_RsEngineer.RefreshModelViews(0)
    End Sub

I was getting the error in the last RefreshModelViews(0) before I commented that out, not it happens later in what appears to be a final refresh. 

Using RS 8.15.1 on WIN7

2 REPLIES

Re: ReleaseActionButton Could not release the model...

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

While it worked in some cases, the LoadModel() call isn't really allowed there like that. 

I'm trying to automate a final save and close after the release is complete. The profile will load the correct project/line item, so a simple close at the end of AfterRelease() would suffice, but when I tried CloseModel() instead of LoadModel() it threw a similar error. 

For now I'm having the user click a save and close button once release is complete until I can figure out how to automate the close.

Re: ReleaseActionButton Could not release the model...

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Chris,

I would say this one should be fairly easy to nail down because of the error message - there is a line of code that is trying to use an object variable that is not referencing a valid object. My bet would be on g_rsEngineer variable.

Dharmesh Sanghavi