Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing family model tree and properties windows from Engineers UI

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am working on simplifying the UI for a different group of end users. We need to be able to run engineer without showing the Model Tree and properties, while the Rest of the UI is shown in engineer. Is it posslible to remove (not just hide) them in RS engineer, and if so how?

7 REPLIES

Betreff: Removing family model tree and properties windows from Engineers UI

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Eric,

you can just decide what to show in the process itself.

Settings.png

Hopefully this will help you.

In the Permission just select the Role for the group of users.

An architect can show the model tree and properties by setting them to true in the ini.

Best Regards

Christian

Experimenter
Experimenter

I was able to disbale the Property List by unchecking the box as you showed but I would like to show the Property List for certain users. I tried updating the .ini file but it did not work. Does Rulestream override the .ini file?

Siemens Genius

Hi David,

did you try to change the Options for Rulestream directly at the start?

You can set them for each user in their Profile. But take care if more then one person is working on that machine.

Porperties and modeltree.pngI'm doing this before starting Rulestream. After that point it is more or less blocked.

Experimenter
Experimenter

It looks like the options chosen in the process step from architect override all other options. I did find this other thread and I hope this will be my solution "Removing properties window from Engineer UI for specific profiles"

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

The best method for doing this is to copy the top process and maintain both for your different customers.

Siemens Genius

Take a look into this topic ... that should do the trick for you too

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Rulestream-Forum/Removing-properties-window-from-Eng...

Pioneer
Pioneer

I want to make a note about the options for 'Show Model', 'Show Process' etc in the options dialog - they don't work. At one point they used to but it broke somewhere. The only way to show and hide a process is in the process editor dialog.

Dharmesh