Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Resizable UI Creation

I'm struggling with creating a resizable UI in Rulestream using the Custom UI Designer. It seems like there's a trick that I'm missing, or my expectations are wrong.

I've created a panel that I've set it' size to my minimum UI size. All my controls are within this panel, and I've configured these controls with anchors and docking. When I drag the size of the panel, the resizing behaves as expected. So far, so good.

Now I want to make the panel resizable (last step before releasing), and that's where I'm struggling. I've tried several variations of this workflow, but have no luck.

Dock the main panel with Fill

Whether the designer screen is maximized or not, when I set the main panel to Dock with Fill and compile, the panel is too big for the window size and the right and bottom portions of the panel are cut off.

Anchor Top,Left,Bottom,Right

I tried anchoring the panel on all sides and setting the panel size to be inside the designer UI window, but my results are similar to docking with Fill, in that the panel is too large.

AutoSize

I discovered the AutoSize setting and have tried a few combinations of the above with AutoSize = True, but the results are the same.

Has anyone been successful creating a resizable UI with the custom UI designer?

2 REPLIES

Re: Resizable UI Creation

Hi,

Please try with this steps I guess this will work for you.

Step 1: Set Anchor property of Panel to "Top, Bottom, Left, Right"
Step 2: Set Dock property of Panel to "None"
Step 3: Set AutoSizeMode property of Panel to "GrowAndShrink" (If Not available in Rulestream then skip this)
Step 4: Set AutoSize property of Panel to "False"
Step 5: Set Anchor property of all controls (or required controls mostly which are at right bottom of Panel) inside Panels to "Top, Bottom, Left, Right"

Regards,

Samarth.

Re: Resizable UI Creation

Thanks Samarth, I just tried that combination again, with no luck.

The problem seems to be with setting the initial size of the main panel in the Custom UI Designer while I'm anchoring to all sides. Even if I make the panel significantly smaller than the layout area, when I run it in Engineer, the panel is too large for my window, cutting off the controls on the right and bottom.

I thought I had this working once in a previous release. I'm using 8,12.3 now.