Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RuleStream Enterprise Solution

Experimenter
Experimenter

We have several teams using RuleStream. All teams are trying to upgrade to version 8.15.2

Question: Can RuleStream be configured for each team in such a way that we have one RuleStream Application running on the App server, with diffrent DB instances for each team on the back end.

Right now we have a version of RuleStream running for Team A, another version for Team B and so on..

We want to eliminate so many copies of Rulestream in the IT landscape and have one Enterprise Version running in the environment. 

Any response or suggestion will be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES

Re: RuleStream Enterprise Solution

Pioneer
Pioneer

If I understand the scenario, you simply want all teams to be using the same version of Rulestream but don't want to mix their applications on the same set of Rules/Projects/Component DB - i.e. have a separate set of these DBs for each team.

I don't see why it should not be possible - all you need to ensure is that those DBs are at the same version as the Rulestream client.

I also don't see why you shouldn't have all the applications (for different teams) in the same DB - this is useful if you see a member of a team wanting to launch an application that is used by another team without having to log out of Rulestream and changing profile (a profile is tied to a set of Rules/Projects/Component DBs.

On the hand, if you know that members of a team don't usually open applications developed by other team, then keeping them separate sounds like a clean setup. This setup would also remove naming constraints for part families - same partfamily names can be used if they are on different DBs (vs. if you have all teams using the same DB, you will run into issues if you use same partfamily names in certain situations).

Dharmesh Sanghavi

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dharmesh

Appreciate your reply on this question.

Do you know if Siemens has any best practice white papers show casing what we are trying to do? 

Will appreciate your response. Thanks

Pioneer
Pioneer
This is more of a solution architecture / design question and one in which there are more than one acceptable approaches. Siemens does have best practice write-up (nuggets, tips / tricks, document) about many commonly encountered scenarios where one or two approaches are better than most. This particular one I wouldn't think would fall under that category..

This is one of those that truly depends on the individual company's processes and how they intend to operate.

Siemens does recommend not using same part family name across multiple applications on the same database though.

Regards,
Dharmesh Sanghavi

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi,

take a look into GTAC. There is always a PDF File:

Rulestream Enterprise Deployment Guide v2

If you read yourself through this, it should help you a bit.

Regards

Christian