cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rulestream: Axis align in Solid Edge

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hello!

How work "Axes Align" feature in MateDialog (Solid Edge)?

There are must specify a Feature Name with reference to attribute.

What does contain this attribute?

5 REPLIES

Re: Rulestream: Axis align in Solid Edge

Creator
Creator

Axes align is the same as using the axial align command in the SE assembly environment. Part1 is the feature you are working with and part 2 is the feature you would like to align Part1 to. The names of the features for axis align could be "BaseX Axis" for the base coordinate system, "NewCoordX Axis" for a new coordinate system you create, or it could be a property that defines the name of the feature. I hope this helps you.

Sam

Solution Partner Creator

I create new Coordinate system. Constraint type "Match Coordinate Systems" has worked.

Constraint type "Axes align" not work. Feature name "NewCoordX Axis" absent in list.

What is the difference between "Axes align" and "Match coordinate system"?

Creator
Creator

Axes align will only align one axis for the constraint. So it will only match x-axis to x-axis without regards to the orientations of the y or z axes. Match coordinate system will give both systems the same origin and axis orientation for all 3 axes.

In my example, you will swap out "NewCoord" for whatever you name your coordinate system. Example: If you name your custom coordinate system "CustomCoord1", you can align to it's X-axis using an axis align to "CustomCoord1X Axis".

Solution Partner Creator

"CustomCoord1X Axis" it's property? Does it need to be created manually?

Creator
Creator

You would create "CustomCoord1" as a custom coordinate system in your solid edge model. Then when you are choosing Axes Align constraints in your MateDialog box, you type "CustomCoord1X Axis" if you would like to align to that coordinate system's x axis.