Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Strange Quote process step category

Hi,

Strange behaviuor.

I cant delect the Quote category.

Also I can't add a Custom Form ui for the steps under that category.

Could anybody expain why this happens?

Quote`1.jpgquote2.jpg

7 REPLIES

Re: Strange Quote process step category

Hi Yuri,

This might take some investigation on our side so please open a ticket with GTAC so it may get to the right people within Siemens. 

If anyone else has an answer please feel free to jump in.

- Tony

how coul I upen the ticket?
haven't done this before

You and me both.  I'll ask our people who work with GTAC to provide an update to this thread when they get back from our holiday weekend (Memorial Day this Monday).

Yuri,

Here are the steps to creating an IR in GTAC. Be sure to include all non-zero sized log files as well. Specifically, the Architect log in this case.

https://webtac.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/qtac/index.php5?objtype=help&objopr=create

If that link doesn’t work, here is how to navigate there:

External GTAC site:

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/support/gtac/index.shtml

Then hit this button: "Create or Update an Incident Report"

Then hit the little red question mark right beside “Create new call”

It has step-by-step directions:

Summary

To initiate a support call to GTAC, access the “Create new call” module and fill out all required fields (marked with a red asterisk *.)

Step-by-step

1. Switch to the “Create new call” tab
  2. Select the IR contact in the Contact Name field Note: To see more contact information, hover over the user icon next to the selection list.
  3. If your default sold-to is a “Distributor” sold-to, you will also need to enter the sold-to of the end-user reporting this issue in the End User Sold-to field.
  4. Enter a short description of between 10 and 80 characters in length Note: The short description must be entered in English.
  5. Select your software configuration using the Product, Application, & Release fields
  6. Select your hardware configuration using the Platform, Operating System, & OS Version fields
  7. Enter a detailed description of your problem in the Problem Text text area. Note: The Problem text field supports entering text in your local language.
  8. (Optional) Non-US customers can also select the International Support (English) option to allow the IR to be automatically assigned to any available GTAC engineer that can support the call in English. This improves the customer support business including International Knowledge Pool mechanism where GTAC support engineers with the same expertise in different countries are organized into the country support groups allowing support requests to be routed based on a customer’s preference. Note: If this option is selected, the Problem text field must be entered in English
  9. (Optional) The Customer Reference field is a user-definable free-text field for storing a searchable cross-reference identifier into the customer’s helpdesk ticketing system. This field is limited to 10 characters.
  10. (Optional) The Other Reference field is a is a user-definable free-text field useful for filtering searches. This field is limited to 25 characters.
  11. (Optional) The External Reference field is a user-definable free-text field useful for filtering searches. This field is limited to 8 characters.
  12. (Optional) To add other e-mail addresses as CC’s on IR emails, enter extra addresses in the Additional Email Addresses field Separate multiple entries with a comma.

After the IR has been successfully created, a dialog will appear with information on the next steps to take: The IR create confirmation dialog.

I hope that helps.

-Trent

Hi Yuri,

I had this also in the past.

It had something to do with the position in the Process Step Categories.

I had deleted the "Analyse" one and the "Release" was in number 4 of the row. After getting it back into number 5 while inserting the "Analyse" categroy Step I was able to have a custom UI again. Try to change the sort. It should help

Best Regards

Christian

System Administration_2016-06-01_14-53-05.jpg

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author EI_Yuri
‎07-12-2016 08:54 AM

the issue was solved itself.

Don't know how this happened. Man Happy

It happened again.

The easiest way to delete such process steps is to edit the dbo.Process_Category table from the Rules database using Database Management Studio.

Cat LOL