Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The future of Rulestream

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hello,

some time ago I was at the PLM Coffee that covers Rulestream "integration" with Teamcenter Product Configurator. Does anyone know what is the status of this project? Or maybe it has changed since then, and now we have a different plan for Rulestrem. In general, I am looking for some kind of a long distance roadmap.

I will be very grateful for any information (if is impossible to put it on the forum, please contact me on directly).

1 REPLY

Re: The future of Rulestream

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Integrating Rulestream with the Teamcenter Configurator is an important objective for Siemens and we are still working to that end. It’s a large project with many pieces, both on the Teamcenter and Rulestream sides. A number of foundation capabilities have already been completed and we are now working to complete the enhanced SVR, Solution Variant, and Order Management data model in Teamcenter 11.6.

This fall we expect to have the two solutions sharing the SVR. Following that we will add the ability to optionally persist ETO jobs in Teamcenter and launch Rulestream directly from Teamcenter (similar to opening an NX model in managed mode today). That is targeted for completion in the spring 2019. We will continue to incrementally deliver more and more functionality in this area.

As this is an emerging capability, I suggest you involve Product Management in any account-specific planning or discussions.