Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

connection to sql server db

Creator
Creator

Hi everyone, I need you guys help here.

I created three databases on my local sql server express instance for rule, project and component. But RS only connects to the component DB. Can not I create databases for rules and projects?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: connection to sql server db

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Sol 

Rulestream requires 3 DBs - Project, Rules as mandatory and Component as optional. Structure of Component DB depend on your needs but Project and Rules are created while installation.

There are 2 installers you need to run to complete installation:

- EngineerX.XX.XSetup (installer of RS Architect and RS Enginner)

- PlatformX.XX.XSetup (installer/updater of DBs)

both are available on GTAC download server.

If I correctly understand you created 3 empty DBs so to complete installation download and run Platform Setup. After installation you need also set DBs in Profile. Make also sure that system user has r/w access rigths to DBs

There is also Install Guide available on GTAC which you should find helpful.

Creator
Creator

Thanks for your help  RafalLaciak,

so once the Rulestream is installed, there is no way to change the database for rules and projects to another server? 

Best regards

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You can move DBs whenever you want. Options -> Profiles must be updated then.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi. All DBs are set per profile and you can change them always. As indicated in other post you can do it by using Options->Profiles menu or directly editing Rulestream.ini file (By default located in C:\ProgramData\Rulestream\X.Y.Z, where X.Y.Z is your RS version). Note: C:\ProgramData is hidden by default

Adam Liszkiewicz
Configuratori Polska