Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

"Dry run" how to load template part without cloning it [TCIN]

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear all,
I would like to do something like "dry run" where user can load template parts to NX (managed session), modify them without obligatory cloning and then decide to clone or drop changes. We would like to avoid creations of unused items during concept phase of process.

I thought about NX spec and disabled TC Item spec but the 2nd point of Caveats on page 20 of "Rulestream_ETO_8_16_x_TCIN_Guide.pdf” says:
“When assigning a component to be a standard component in Rulestream, you may use a combination of an NX spec marked as RsStandard = True and a Teamcenter Item spec (or just and NX spec without RsStandard assigned). However, if you have a combination of an NX spec and a disabled Teamcenter Item Spec, it will still clone the template. This is a known issue and will be corrected in a future release. “

Before I do customisation I would like to ask you if somebody has any experiences you could advise me?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Re: "Dry run" how to load template part without cloning it [TCIN]

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi,

IMO, there are two ways to do this. 

Most likely RSStandard (or excluding TC Item Spec) is not to way to go, assuming you want to map properties and see how the NX model changes. So I will exclude that option here.

Option 1. 

With normal NX & TC item specs you can play with the substitute item ID (NX spec) & Starting point Item ID (TC spec). By assigning a property which equals to the template you have scanned. As a result, you should see the actual template on runtime (including mappings). This is explained with images in the very end of the TCIN guide you referred. 

Option 2.

Unfortunately NX Assembly spec does not allow to subsitution, but for that reason (at least one of the reasons) RS 8.16.5 brought this "Do Not Clone" -option, so you can see how your mappings work, without the need to always generate a large number of useless items. 

Hope this helps.

Re: "Dry run" how to load template part without cloning it [TCIN]

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello @ilkka_k 

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Indeed option no 1 is definitely what I looked for but this is described in Rulestream_ETO_8_16_x_Teamcenter_Manager.pdf. I just found it there this morning.

I build solution based on this option.

Best regards