Today we announced Femap 10.2, the latest version of our Femap software.
Femap 10.2 focuses on three main areas: easier modeling processes, better simulation capabilities, and faster performance.
- More geometry manipulation and meshing capabilities have been packed into the Meshing Toolbox. There are two new toolboxes – Geometry Editing and Mesh Surface – and a new Feature Editing capability.
- Postprocessing enhancements that include much faster output data processing performance, beam postprocessing enhancements (including contours on cross sections), and a new Postprocessing Toolbox, which just like all the other toolboxes, works interactively.
- A brand new topology optimization capability – you start off with a basic design area model, apply loads and constraints, and it suggests an initial design – very useful for conceptual designing and re-designing.
- Support for many general Nastran and NX Nastran items, including one of NX Nastran’s latest additions – edge to face glued contact.
- Lots of customer driven enhancements, such as a fast frequency response analysis inside Femap, dynamic clipping plane… and much more.
You can see more about this in the video below, and on the Femap website.