cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX on Mac OS - It’s here today!

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

One of the hottest topics of discussion in the PLM software field lately is design software for the Apple Mac.  Clearly, there is a growing desire to be able to use full-featured CAD/CAM software on this platform. 

Well, you’ve asked for it, and now it’s here.  Today Siemens PLM Software is announcing NX 6 Mac OS X.  And the best part is, it’s available for download now, not “soon” or “in the future”, right now!  You’ll need a 64-bit Intel-based Mac running OS X version 10.5.5 or later, but you won’t need Boot Camp to load Windows, or any virtual machine software. NX is a true Mac OS application.

NX 6 for Mac OS includes the cool stuff you’re familiar with from NX 6, like Design Freedom powered by Synchronous Technology, True-Shade, the Reuse Library, and Active Mockup.  It’s also fully compatible with NX for other platforms (Windows and LINUX).  It also includes Teamcenter support though rich client capabilities, so you can take advantage of all the stuff Teamcenter can do, including multi-CAD support.

The Mac community has been asking for this for years, and they’ve been very enthusiastic about it so far.  NX customers now have the freedom to choose the hardware and operating environment that meets their needs,  and that’s something that nobody else can say.

Jerry

Comments
N/A

Very, very nice. But I miss two things, I really do. The radial popup with a moving RMB and the fullscreen interface. I love the fullscreen interface and I can’t imagine working without the radial popup. But I am happy that at least the CTRL-SHIFT popups are there.

N/A

grin ATTA BOY for putting this software on the Mac Platform.

Is it possible to leave your marketing and sales information (product pricing, and how to get this software) on your website to purchase NX for the MAC?  Many thanks.

Siemens Legend

NX on Mac OS is available globally, so the prices and conditions differ depending on your country.  The best way to get the info you need is to call your local Siemens PLM office.  Americas: +1 800 498 5351 EMEA: +44 (0) 1276 702000 Asia/Pacific: +852 2230 3333,  or goto http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/about_us/contact/index.cfm , fill out the form and someone will contact you with the information you require.  -Jerry

N/A
contribution areas gas data ecosystems]]

action scenario order webmate scenarios various
N/A
decrease issue relative united]]

trends developing projected clathrate vapor study jaiku
N/A

I think this is a great opportunity for every MAC user who wants to push design at higher level, but I have a question:

what are the hardware’s requisites for a MAC to have NX6-7 for the best performance? I mean, which graphic card has been used in the videos above?

Thank you in advance for your reply!

Marco

——————————————-

Marco,

That video was recorded on a 2009 Macbook Pro with the discrete graphics card.

Give it a try, you’ll find that the performance is great!

Jerry Sarfati

Siemens PLM