Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

New in Part and Assembly Modeling for Solid Edge

by Community Admin Community Admin on ‎06-02-2008 07:24 PM

Doug Stainbrook described the "what's new" in part and assembly modeling. This is verging on making the engineers drool and getting a little over my head however all my Edgers out there will love that I captured a few highlights from his presentation. This is not everything, just what I my little fingers could capture! If you want to see Solid Edge for yourself, check out one of the events near you.

Selection Driven

• Pick what you want to act upon, then act

• Single Pick, fence pick, or using the selection manager ("green dot")

Direct interaction with the model

• Intelligence such as tangent, concentric and so on, are captured in the model geometry

• If you are thinking, "I need to edit my sketch to edit my model." then you are thinking the "old" way

• In Synchronous Technology, you do NOT need to lock every dimension (better to leave your dimensions unlocked, only locking values as necessary for a particular edit

Stering Wheel - did you catch the latest post today from Mark on the Steering Wheel?

Live Rules

• Unlike previous systems where sketches rule the day, in Synchronous Technology the model itself contains the key knowledge

• When you go to move a face, the system will AUTOMATICALLY look to see if other faces should be adjusted to maintain logical intent

• Trust the Model - When you make an edit, it will be localized to the geometry you are addressing

Part changes can be made while in the Assembly

• Synchronous Assemblies provide two new tools for selection:

• Command bar controls over all selection

• Selection Manager provides tools for additional selection based on what is currently selecte

• Move Face:

• Selecting multiple faces on the same part will behave exactly as if you were in the part document outside the context of an assembly

• Selecting multiple faces on different parts will allow the faces to move together as if each part were being modified within their respective part documents

WindowsLiveWriterNewinPartandAssemblyModeling_C9F8MoveFace2_thumb

WindowsLiveWriterNewinPartandAssemblyModeling_C9F8MoveFace_thumb