2D Drafting ST7 cannot open file

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have been using the free version of 2D drafting for years and have been having reoccuring problems of opening previously created files after upgrading to the next 2D version.  Funny thing is its random in which files it affects and corrects itself at future upgrades but then different files are affected.  I currently have just one file that I am having a problem with, can anyone please have a look at it?  It was created in ST6 and now I am using ST7.  Thank you

8 REPLIES

Re: 2D Drafting ST7 cannot open file

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

File opens without issue for me on ST9.

Are you storing your files on a cloud service e.g.  Dropbox?  If so, the fuel may be getting temporarily locked preventing you from opening it.

Experimenter
Experimenter

The file is stored on my computer.  I will try to upgrade to ST9 and hopefully that will fix it.  

Thank you for looking at it..  

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

FYI, the way cloud services such as Dropbox work is by storing the file on your computer and the syncing to their servers.

Are you storing this on a USB drive on your computer?

Experimenter
Experimenter

No its just on the internal HD, its not even on a network or synced file system

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The properties in this file say that it was created on V107 and last modified in V109. If it is saved in V109 it cannot be opened in an earlier version

Regards,

Rick B.

Experimenter
Experimenter

You are right, upgrading to ST9 fixed it, I guess I opened the file on my laptop which had the newer ST9 program.  But I am still having a problem with another file attached, would you please look at this also?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Says it is incompatible and may have been created in an Academic version...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Experimenter
Experimenter

I saw the Academic version notice and thought it was an error. After checking my emails from a few years ago I found out that I did have the Academic version, so it is my mistake, thanks