Solved! Go to solution

ANNOTATION CAUSING DIMENSIONAL ERRORS?

I’ve noticed lately that sometimes when I place or move a CALLOUT annotation to an element that had already been dimensioned, some of the related dimensions return an error reading. Why would that be since an annotation has nothing to do with the dimension(s)?

Thanks,

Ron

2 REPLIES

Re: ANNOTATION CAUSING DIMENSIONAL ERRORS?

Ron,

Most likely it is not the annotation that is the problem. Some other change has been made prior to the annotation that has caused part of the constraint system to be in a bad state. the annotation is causing a solve. This solve is finding errors in the constraint system and putting the dimensions in the error state.

Try simplifying the overall constraint system with the use of blocks and Rigid Sets.

Regards,

Rick B.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author ronlatour
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: ANNOTATION CAUSING DIMENSIONAL ERRORS?

Ricky, thanks. A further observation is that when this happens, I can reverse the ERROR by either unlocking/relocking the dimension that is in ERROR; or I can copy the CALLOUT in question and place it where I want, then delete the original CALLOUT. The latter is the best option when several dimensions go into an error state making it time consuming to find the key dimension to unlock/relock.

Ron