Add a dimension to an associated view

Creator
Creator
Is it possible to add a dimension to a view generated by solid edge 3D?
I can't access any entity in an associated view...

Thanks
3 REPLIES

Re: Add a dimension to an associated view

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
No, it is not possible. Free 2D is for 2D only documentation, it was not meant to document 3D models so that functionality is disabled. You may be able to use the measure tools under the inspect menu if all you want is to know is the measurement.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Creator
Creator
Thank you Ken..
The only problem is you have to read it and write it down on your printed drawing, as it's not possible to fix it. I think it would be better to leave the user the possibility to use dimensioning on associated views, disabling the possibility to save / print the modified drawing. This to allow the user the freedom to evaluate the drawing in a more confortable way. But this is just my opinion..
Thanks again

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
We do this deliberately. Free 2D Drafting is to be used for 2D workflows and collaboration of drawings created with Solid Edge Drafting. We do allow for you to open Draft files created from 3D Models. You can mark them up and save the files to send back to the originator. However, as you have seen, the drawing views are disabled. This free software is not intended to be used for annotating 3D models. We cannot simply give away that functionality.

As Ken states, you can use the measure commands if you need to measure additional geometry.

Regards,
Rick B.