Additional worksheets

I have a template set up so when I start a new drawing I can edit text boxes to populate the title block. This works great for the first working sheet but when I add additional sheets the text boxes are not there to edit. Can the template be set up so additional worksheets would be the same as the first worksheet witout having to change the background for each additional sheet?

Thanks,
Chris
16 REPLIES

Re: Additional worksheets

Chris,
What types of information are you trying to include in the title block. If you can, send to me an example of one of your files and I will take a look.

Regards,
Rick B.

[ Edited ]
Ricky,
I have attached the file I use as a template. I think it explains itself but I am entering a part number, part description, date etc.

Thanks,
Chris

[ Edited ]
Ricky,
It appears like I sent an emty file. Try this one.

[ Edited ]
You can use blocks and block lables. I created a simple example. I added a 'My Draft.dft' file. Create block lables instead of text boxes. Block lables can access file properties so you can use property text.

Open 'My Draft.dft' go to Sheet2. I created a block that has the Title, Gage, and Date. Notice that the date contains property text that extracts the date from the file. When the file is saved again, the date will update.

Delete this block. To plce it again, Click on the Library tab in the EdgeBar to the far left. Make sure 'Show blocks' is selected. YOu will see the list of blocks at the bottom of edge bar. There is a 'Block2'. Drag it into the drawing. Drop it such that is aligns with the title block. It will display a dialog where you key in the values of the lables in the block.

When you create a block like this, create the block lables first. Then create a block that includes the block lables. You will place this block on each sheet.

Regards,
Rick B.

Ricky,
I am unable to open the file. I get a "cannot open file" message and it says "make sure type and version are correct. I am using the 2D ST4 version.
Thanks,
Chris

Chris,
My mistake, I sent to you a ST5 file.
What version of the software are you running?
I'll sent the correct version.

Regards,
Rick B.

Ricky,
I am using the 2D ST4 version. I just upgraded to it a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks,
Chris

[ Edited ]
Let's try this again. I have uploaded a zip file that contains a ST4 Draft file called 'My Draft.dft'

You can use blocks and block lables. I created a simple example. Create block lables instead of text boxes. Block lables can access file properties so you can use property text.

Open 'My Draft.dft' go to Sheet1. I created a block that has the Title, Date, Drawn By, and Part No.. Notice that the date and Drawn By contain property text that extracts the properties from the file. When the file is saved again, these will update.

Delete this block. To plce it again, Click on the Library tab in the EdgeBar to the far left. Make sure 'Show blocks' is selected. You will see the list of blocks at the bottom of edge bar. There is a 'Block1'. Drag it into the drawing. Drop it such that it aligns with the title block. It will display a dialog where you key in the values of the lables in the block.

When you create a block like this, create the block lables first. Then create a block that includes the block lables. You will place this block on each sheet.

Regards,
Rick B.

Ricky,
There was not a file included with your latest reply. I still have the original one you sent but I am not able to open it. Could it be that I need to change a setting? I am using the free 2d ST4 software.
Thanks,
Chris