Reply

Are STandard SolidEdge Updates Applicable to free2D?


Since we have licenses of full SolidEdge and have been utilizing free2d for
occasinal users, I wondered if the Update files would also apply to the fee2d. In
particular, some additions to Edge v19 would be nice in free2d, like pdf export.
Thanks
3 REPLIES

Re: Are STandard SolidEdge Updates Applicable to free2D?

They will not apply to the free, unmaintenanced version. If you have the
free version that you pay maintenance on, then you can apply the updates.
--
Ken
http://grundey.blogspot.com
"Tony Parker" wrote in message
news:45c38e8a$1@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
>
>
> Since we have licenses of full SolidEdge and have been utilizing free2d
> for
> occasinal users, I wondered if the Update files would also apply to the
> fee2d. In
> particular, some additions to Edge v19 would be nice in free2d, like pdf
> export.
> Thanks


Re: Are STandard SolidEdge Updates Applicable to free2D?

tony,
If you like Free 2D you should really try to spring for the $360/year for
the maintenance version. For less than a buck a day, you would get updates
and new deliverys when new releases roll out, plus API and ability to run
Insight or Embedded Client. Product number is SE352 for floating or SE353
for node locked.
DS


"PellaKen" wrote in message
news:45c3a722$1@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
> They will not apply to the free, unmaintenanced version. If you have the
> free version that you pay maintenance on, then you can apply the updates.
>
> --
> Ken
> http://grundey.blogspot.com
>
> "Tony Parker" wrote in message
> news:45c38e8a$1@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
>>
>>
>> Since we have licenses of full SolidEdge and have been utilizing
>> free2d for
>> occasinal users, I wondered if the Update files would also apply to the
>> fee2d. In
>> particular, some additions to Edge v19 would be nice in free2d, like pdf
>> export.
>> Thanks

>
>

Re: Are STandard SolidEdge Updates Applicable to free2D?


I'd agree if it was $1USD a day (approx £0.50UKP Per day).
I've just been quoted a price of £365UKP per year, nearly twice what our collegues
across the pond pay (about $2usd per day).
I don't think I will subscribe, out of principle. Maybe when it was UGS you could
have argued that home teritory clients got a discount because of x, y and z, but
since it's owned by Siemens, surely that gives German companies the home discount
(maybe they do!). So I'm not going to stump up for the maintenance license etc.
when I'm being overcharged.
I'd possibly pay £0.50 UKP per day for the unlocking of the API/objects and methods
so I could program properly in SE2d.
PDFs can be done with CutePDF though.
"basic" automation can be done by sending keystrokes from a MS macro.
The only thing currently going awry is the AutoUpdate, and I'm going to re-install
to make sure it's not just a gammy install (i did move a few directories etc)
-AS

"Dan Staples" wrote:
>tony,
>
>If you like Free 2D you should really try to spring for the $360/year for
>
>the maintenance version. For less than a buck a day, you would get updates
>
>and new deliverys when new releases roll out, plus API and ability to run
>
>Insight or Embedded Client. Product number is SE352 for floating or SE353
>
>for node locked.
>
>DS
>

www.continual-motion.com