Ask a Question by Posting a New Message!

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

As Ricky says, welcome to our "Free 2D" users and others with a 2D drafting focus. I think you will find this new community area very focused on problem solving. JUST ASK A QUESTION. I think you will be surprised by how many experienced users are here to help you and will respond prompty.

Give it a try. Ask a question now!

Dan

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development
26 REPLIES

Re: Ask a Question!

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Thanks' Dan,

Let's make this site useful for all users. Don't be bashful to ask or answer questions.

Regards,

Rick B.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I would love to ask a question, but I can't seem to figure out how. Where is the option to create a posting please?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Cancel that request. I figured it out (I was confused by your topic being called "Ask a Question"; I interpreted that as being the place to ask a question.)

Experimenter
Experimenter

I received some files in .MMS format. How can I open them to edit them in Solid Edge?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

What is a MMS file?  It is not one that Solid Edge can open.  You can see a list of file types that SE can open by opening the Files of Type combo box on the Open form.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Experimenter
Experimenter

Apparently, it is a TIN surface companion file, although I don't understand what that means.

MMS stands for Memory Map Surface (http://www.augi.com/library/the-civil-side-managing-large-surface-data)

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

From the attachment it looks like this is relative to 3D workflows. Solid Edge 2D Drafting is 2D only. There is no 3D content in the software. If you want to do 3D work you must have Solid Edge which used 3D modeling from which drawings are derived.

Regards,

Rick B.

Experimenter
Experimenter
The strange part is that it's just a floor plan, and I have a PDF version, but they don't have it in DWG. Maybe they use a 3D system for other purposes, and that's just the format they save designs in, even if it doesn't use the third dimension.

How to get access to ST6?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, I have registered to upgrade from ST5 to ST6. After that I have recceived an email that points me to this forum. However I have not received a link to download the new version.

What could be the problem?