Bolt Circle Centerline - adding elements

I have a 5 hole bolt circle and the software recognizes the 3 holes (circles) that I'm selecting for the Bolt Circle Centerline. I need at least 1 more hole to complete the bolt circle, as one of the holes is already on the axis of the part's Center Mark and doesn't need to be included in the Bolt Circle.
I click on the Bolt Circle Centerline to edit it, click the Edit Definition - Add/Remove Element and try to select the center of the 4th hole....but I cannot because the software is detecting the center of the Bolt Circle Centerline. What can I do to select the 4th hole? I have already played around with Object Snaps (End, Mid, Center) and that doesn't seem to make a difference.
Another thing I notice is that some hole patterns are automatically recognized on the entire pattern, others only gets part of the pattern (usually the 3 hole centers that I select). Seems a bit overly sensitive sometimes.
--
Tim Flater
1 REPLY

Re: Bolt Circle Centerline - adding elements

I figured it out....something to do with the chamfer edges showing in the top view. Had to have just a single circle for each hole, then apply chamfer circles after creating the Bolt Circle Centerline.
"Tim Flater" wrote in message news:4a92f16b@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
I have a 5 hole bolt circle and the software recognizes the 3 holes (circles) that I'm selecting for the Bolt Circle Centerline. I need at least 1 more hole to complete the bolt circle, as one of the holes is already on the axis of the part's Center Mark and doesn't need to be included in the Bolt Circle.
I click on the Bolt Circle Centerline to edit it, click the Edit Definition - Add/Remove Element and try to select the center of the 4th hole....but I cannot because the software is detecting the center of the Bolt Circle Centerline. What can I do to select the 4th hole? I have already played around with Object Snaps (End, Mid, Center) and that doesn't seem to make a difference.
Another thing I notice is that some hole patterns are automatically recognized on the entire pattern, others only gets part of the pattern (usually the 3 hole centers that I select). Seems a bit overly sensitive sometimes.
--
Tim Flater