Bringing 2D geometry onto the drawing sheet

Hi Edger's,
I have tried all instructions provided in Help but it doesn't seem to help me. I did these commands frequently 10+ years ago but now I don't seem to re-catch it. Can somebody describe the procedure in a few simple steps, please, how to bring 2D geometry views from the 2D Model area onto the/a drawing sheet.
Best regards,
Lennart
4 REPLIES

Re: Bringing 2D geometry onto the drawing sheet

Lennart, here's a site showing a screen capture video of how to accomplish what you describe.
http://screencast.com/t/rUyigHOBon
Hope this helps,
Ron

Hi Ron,

Thanks but not really... Once I used a "Draw in view" command and that doesn't seem to be available anymore. Or I don't even get to create the 1:1 view window on hte drawing through which I read the geoemtery at qa chosen scale and add drawing-like dimensioning.

Best regards,

Lennart

Hi Ron,

It seems like I have found it. The command to crate a drawing view resides ubder the Tables command set. That was a peculiar thinking but should work once found...

Thanks again for efforts.

Best regards,

Lennart

Hi Lennart,

You should be using the 2D Model View command to accomplish this. I hope this is what you found. The command is accessible from the Sketching tab in the Drawing Views section (off to the right). At least this is where it is in the full version of Solid Edge and from my experience, the two match up pretty well.

Anyway, you need to be on thw Working Sheet to access this command. When you select it, it switches you to the 2D Model sheet to select an area, then switches you back to place it.

Hope this helps.

Andy.