CURSOR READOUTS GETTING BLOCKED

Genius
Genius
Since I’ve installed ST7, I’ve had a problem with the alignment lines and read outs from the cursor position interfering with full visibility of the read outs. I’ve played around with the Intellisketch cursor settingS without any positive result. The below website shows a video of what I mean. I have a Windows 7 PC with 8 Gb of RAM. http://screencast.com/t/DAda0jl4 Thanks, Ron
6 REPLIES

Re: CURSOR READOUTS GETTING BLOCKED

Genius
Genius

This topic has been posted for awhile now and I've got no response.  Why?

Thanks,

Ron

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ron,

Probably because not many other users have that much displayed info, so doesn't have the same affect.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Ron,

You are refering to the Grid Readouts. Correct? There was a display change in ST7 to resolve the flickering problem in ST6 with the grid readouts in the 3D environments. This change caused the regression you see where the offset from the cursor was not maintained. A PR will be created to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Rick B.

Genius
Genius

Sean, I admit to having a lot of info.  I guess I haven't adapted yet to the added readouts since ST7.  But never the less, it should be readable.  And as Ricky points out, a PR will be issued.

Thanks,

Ron

Genius
Genius

Ricky, thanks.  I'm not familiar with what a "PR" is but assume that is a software update.  If so, I guess it won't help us 2D users, right?

Ron

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Ron,

A PR is a Problem Report. It is a mechanism by which problems are reported and documented. Development then uses the PR to make fixes related to the reported problem. Once fixed, the PR must be tested. At this point it can be closed as fixed.

Regards,

Rick B.