Can't Launch 2D Drafting

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello All

I installed 2D Drafting yesterday for the first time on a Lenovo laptop Windows 8Pro.

Opened the program, did a simple sketch and nosed around the functionality, and closed the program overnight.

This morning the program wont launch.

I get the Siemens Pictorial box first off, and then the page opens up to full screen, but mainly 'greyed' out, with a white section top left, a yellow border, and the minimize or close icons can't be used.

Task Manager says 'not responding' and that doesn't change however long it is left.

I have uninstalled and re-installed, but haven't been able to open the program again.

Any clues??

10 REPLIES

Re: Can't Launch 2D Drafting

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Can you post a pic?

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @AH1,

Sounds like it might be a graphics related issue....what model are you running?...and do you have the most current graphics drivers for your system installed?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello

Please see 2 pics attached.

The 2nd screen is what it refuses to budge from, unless forced to close from task manager.

Its a brand new Lenovo T540p lap top.

I've also attached some info about the graphics/drivers - I don't know whether this is what is being asked for? or is it something else?

Regards

AH

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hello Sean - thanks for your reply - please see my last post - does this give the info you are asking for?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yes,....great details on your system & issue.

It is unfortunate & strange you're having this problem, as it seems like a completely capable system.

Are all Windows updates applied? [have you considered updating to Windows10?] ....does your user account have Administrator privileges??

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks.
Uodates - I thought so, but will check again.
Windows 10 - not yet.....
Administrator rights - yes.

The weird thing is that it worked perfectly the first time.
Rgds
AH1

Experimenter
Experimenter
Windows updates all were applied. Deciding to hold off on Windows 10 just at the moment.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry @AH1....that's all I can think of at the moment. Hopefully one of the Siemens crew can offer some further help soon.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Reset the Solid Edge user preferences.

In Windows Explorer delete the following folder: %APPDATA%/Unigraphics Solutions

In regedit delete the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge

If resetting the above does not resolve the issue, then manually set the backing store by adding/setting the following key values (registry file for your convenience attached):

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 108\PrefSets\Options-View]

"AutoConfigure"=hex:06,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

"BackingStore"=hex:02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00