Can't get to tutorials

I also can't get tutorials to run. I just installed 2D. When the opening screen appears,
Tutorials is in the upper RH window. When I place my cursor over the "View all Solid
Edge Tutorials" in that window line - it changes to blue with underline - indication
a web link.
Clicking (single or double) has no effect. Same with the image in that window. When
I place my cursor over the image the outline changes to red - indication an active
link. Clicking single or double on the image has no effect.
The list of links in "Favorite Links" in the bottom LH window works as expected.
I use Windows XP SP2.

2 REPLIES

Re: Can't get to tutorials

Can't someone just e-mail me the URL? Or, if it's on the disk, maybe just tell me
what program to run to open it. Thanks

"Ray Pelland" wrote:
>
>I also can't get tutorials to run. I just installed 2D. When the opening screen
>appears,
>Tutorials is in the upper RH window. When I place my cursor over the "View
>all Solid
>Edge Tutorials" in that window line - it changes to blue with underline -
>indication
>a web link.
>
>Clicking (single or double) has no effect. Same with the image in that window.
>When
>I place my cursor over the image the outline changes to red - indication an
>active
>link. Clicking single or double on the image has no effect.
>
>The list of links in "Favorite Links" in the bottom LH window works as expected.
>
>I use Windows XP SP2.
>
>

Re: Can't get to tutorials

Ray,
If you can get the SE program to start and show you the initial main window (apprentice
mode), SE is probably ready to run on your PC.
The initial SE main window should have five subwindows: Create, Open, Tutorials,
Favorite Links, Tip of the Day. The Tutorials subwindow that you are asking about
is in the upper right corner of the initial main window. The Tutorials subwindow
contains a list of two choices: "Creating Schematic Diagrams with Solid Edge" and
"View All SE Tutorials." As you described, placing the mouse pointer over or single-clicking
the text of either choice with the left mouse button should cause the text to be
underlined and changed to blue; double clicking the text (not the symbol on the
left) should cause SE to open the choice along with the tutorial instructions in
a separate window.
Unless you are running SE as a light client on a network, the drawing files to be
opened are located on your PC. You can find them in the folder: C:\ Program Files\
Solid Edge 2D Drafting V19\ Training\. If the Training folder is not where Solid
Edge expects to find it, then that is the cause of your problem.
The contents of the Training folder are:
- Seddadr.dft (a mechanical drawing)
- seddamw.dft (a blank drawing)
- Seddasc.dft (a schematic drawing)
Double-clicking any of these files with the left mouse button should cause SE to
open it, but a separate window presenting the tutorial instructions will not be
opened. If SE will not open the file and other software works correctly on your
PC, I would suspect that you either have a bad install or a corrupted download.
John Stewart

"Ray Pelland" wrote:
>
>I also can't get tutorials to run. I just installed 2D. When the opening screen
>appears,
>Tutorials is in the upper RH window. When I place my cursor over the "View
>all Solid
>Edge Tutorials" in that window line - it changes to blue with underline -
>indication
>a web link.
>
>Clicking (single or double) has no effect. Same with the image in that window.
>When
>I place my cursor over the image the outline changes to red - indication an
>active
>link. Clicking single or double on the image has no effect.
>
>The list of links in "Favorite Links" in the bottom LH window works as expected.
>
>I use Windows XP SP2.
>
>